Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Actions Speak Louder than Words...

I am not a doer.......

I love to talk, discuss, intellectualize and rationalize lots of things in my life.  I spend large amounts of time discussing and planning my next big thing and then feel very satisfied with the idea, yet never move on to making things happen.  Don't get me wrong...I work hard and take care of responsibilities at home and work, but I don't make things happen in my life when it comes to my hopes and dreams.  I need to change that!  I want to  be a doer...I want to make my hopes become realities and my ideas take on some semblance of substance.  If I can start making myself be more proactive then I can begin to enjoy/reap the benefits of all of my wonderful plans and ideas.

So, with this being said, I am in the process of making some things happen.  First, I am organizing a family meal night with my in-laws so that we can spend more quality time together and focus our hearts and minds around good fellowship and God's Word.  Second, I am reconnecting with some treasured friends.  These are guys who meant a great deal to me growing up and played a significant role in my life.  We live just a few miles from each other and sometimes go months without talking.  We are now planning on meeting at least once a month to play tennis, enjoy a meal or just hang out.  Finally, I am rearranging my schedule for my after school commitments to be a more effective teacher and faculty member at my school.  I am creating a study hall for my tennis players and opening up myself to be more available to help students in need.  I hope that by starting with a few important decisions and creating an environment of doing and not just talking, I will be able to continue to build my confidence and self-respect, which will lead to a more fulfilling,successful and healthy lifestyle.

Now it is time to back up my words with my actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment