Monday, January 30, 2012

A Letter to Me....

I got this letter from an old friend who I haven't seen lately and it inspired me to get back to writing.  I have decided to post it as the relaunch of my blogging effort!

Dear Joey,

I was so excited when I saw you the other day, it seems like forever since we have had a chance to talk and catch up.  I wish we could have had more time so I thought I would drop you an old fashioned letter to take the opportunity to do just that...catch up.  Life appears to be treating you well.  Your wife is beautiful and your three kids are so adorable.  Just watching them play together and have so much fun made me feel young again.  I was glad to hear that you are still teaching and coaching.  Those are such rewarding endeavors and give you the great opportunity to work and help young people.  I know it can be a trying profession, but stick with it...you are doing so much good by simply being a positive role model for those kids.  I saw on Facebook that your boys tennis team won the conference championship last season and that your girls had another strong season as well.  Way to go!  I know tennis is something that you truly love and that you have devoted so much time to those programs.  Seeing that hard work pay off must be encouraging.  Like I said life appears to be great.  I did want to take a moment to check about how the weight loss was going.  I knew you were hoping to get into a consistent pattern of working out and eating right...just didn't know how that was progressing.  I know you can do it if you really put your full effort into it...that sounds a little corny and cliche, but it is true.  Look at what you have accomplished when you have been focused.  You went to ECU on a full scholarship.  You have been named tennis Coach of the Year 7 times.  You earned your Masters in Education and your National Board Certification.  You run a successful Driver's Ed program and have  been a finalist for Teacher of the Year at your school.  You have an amazing family, house and are a dedicated Christian.  You can do anything you set your mind to....when you are focused.  My prayer for you is to stay focused.  Trust yourself and the people around you.  They love you and are there for you.  You are not alone and you don't have to face this challenge in that way.  I will be here for you and will strive to encourage you to do your very best.  You can WIN...I BELIEVE IN YOU!  So, now is the time to go out and take care of this once and for all.  You have the knowledge and skills, you just need the will and desire to stick to the path.  The journey will me long and difficult, but that is what makes it so important.  Take care of yourself and push onward and upward.  I love you my friend and I can't wait to see you again!

Lovingly Yours,

JOEY 


Funny how life is...just when you think that you have everything figured out and all the pieces in place to make a change, you realize that the only piece of the puzzle that is missing...is YOU!  Here's to taking another first step...I have to succeed...my life depends on it!

2 comments:

  1. I love you.
    Your brother, John

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great letter from a great friend!
    I love you too,
    Your "Mama" Jane

    ReplyDelete