Thursday, January 13, 2011

Disney and 3 pounds!

SO, as you can see, I have not blogged in a little while!  After completing an amazing trip to Disney World with the family, things have been a little hectic around here.  Getting back into the swing of things and dealing with some interesting weather patterns have been the focus.  Now that things are settling back into a bit of a normal groove.....I BLOG!

First of all, the trip to Disney WAS in fact AMAZING!!!!  Getting the opportunity to spend 7 days focused on myself and my family was incredibly therapeutic.  I truly feel like I got to know my kids so much better, especially my son!  Even though he is only 14 months old, he has such an intoxicating personality.  Just watching him as he discovered and experienced new things was moving.  I also developed a deeper appreciation for my two beautiful daughters.  At 5 and 3 they are growing so fast and developing such wonderful personalities and senses of humor.  I stood many days in awe as I watched them interact with others.  They are great conversationalists and very funny.  I also grew closer, if that is possible, to my unbelievable wife.  Tens years ago, we went to Disney for our honeymoon and we both agreed that, not only was this trip a wonderful way to celebrate a decade of marriage, but it was much more fun with three imaginative children.

Now, about the 3 pounds....believe it or not, I was a little surprised myself, I actually lost 3 pounds over the holidays.  One doesn't usually figure to lose weight at Christmas , especially when you toss in a trip to the most magical place on earth...but I DID!  I credit a great deal of the weight loss to the hundreds of miles of walking we did over our week of vacation....OK, so maybe not hundreds, but pretty close...and to some very smart planning.  As we organized the trip, my wife and I took extra time to look over all the various food options for our time at Disney.  We checked menu options for both the kids and ourselves and created a list of places that offered more than just burgers and fries.  By taking the extra time to plan ahead, we were able to avoid choosing random places and being stuck with food options that were not as appealing to a vegetarian (my wife) and someone trying to get a grip on their dietary focus (myself)!  Now, I am not going to say that some splurging didn't occur, the two milkshakes and chocolate drizzled croissant I had would not allow me to tell such stories...but, all in all, good choices and good food were enjoyed by everyone.  It was nice to see that I can take trips and be away from my food comfort zone and still make good decisions concerning my food intake.  Chalk one more up for getting stronger and gaining ground on this obstacle!



A Family photo in front of the GIANT fish tank at EPCOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment