Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Still Small Voice....

We hear the voice of God in so many ways each and every day!  Yet, many times we miss it because it is such a "still small voice" that our daily lives get in the way of truly paying attention to the many ways God avails himself to us.  This morning I was focused enough to hear that voice in the words of my 5 year daughter.  She had climbed into our bed around 6 this morning and was relaxing as the day was beginning.  Around 7, she leaned over and whispered in my ear that it was time to get up, she had a surprise for me.  I rolled out of bed and, quite sleepily, followed her downstairs, ever so quietly, so as not to wake up the other members of our family who were still fast asleep.  When we reached the living room I asked her what was the big surprise, to which she replied, "Daddy, the doctor says that is is good for you to exercise, so I thought I would help you this morning!"  She then proceeded to lead me in an exercise routine that she had learned in her gym class at kindergarten.  It wasn't the hardest workout I have ever been through...but it was by far the best!  What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful daughter and such a loving God!

Ephesians: 1, 2a, 8b, 10...Be ye therefore imitators of God, as dear children; and walk in love as Christ also has loved us...now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

(This is the verse(s) we have painted on the border of our nursery...it took on a whole new significance for me today!)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Kids are the greatest. I am so inspired by your blog. I am a friend of Tracey's from high school. Our only real contact these days is through facebook, but when I saw your blog I had to follow. It is awesome that you are sharing this experience with others and encouraging them. I have lost almost 30 lbs and I have about 30 more to go to be where I need to be. I look forward to keeping up with your progress and I have kept you in my prayers because I know how difficult this process can be :0)

    ReplyDelete