Thursday, March 10, 2011

21 Days of FULL DISCLOSURE!

While meeting with Dr. Wynns this week, I brought up an idea that my wife had discussed with me about posting my daily intake of food and specific exercise regimens.  Dr. Wynns felt that this idea would be a great way to not only document my food intake and exercise, but also would act as an accountability log to keep me on a more consistent path to getting healthier.  I chose "21 Days" as an initial time period because, according to most research, if you can do something for at least 21 days it essentially becomes a habit that you will traditionally continue to make a part of your daily routines.

So, beginning this weekend, I will start keeping a daily post on the blog showing what I eat, when and how I exercise and a brief write-up of the day.  I hope that this will create an open dialogue with others that will both motivate and benefit all involved.  The goals I am setting for myself include:

Daily Intakes:

2000 calories
30 fat grams
10 saturated fat grams
25 grams of Fiber
75 grams of Protein
64 oz of Water
5 servings of Fruits and Vegetables

Exercise:

1 hour of Cardio
30 mins. of Weight Training
Tennis 2-3 times a week at Practice

I will also keep a weekly update as to my weight loss!  The goal I am setting for myself is to lose 3 lbs a week and to have a total weight loss of 50 lbs before my family and I go to the beach in July.

ENTRY #1....Coming this Saturday to a Blog near you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are starting this! Love you!!!

    P.S. I think you mean 64 ounces of water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey, as always you are there to get my back!

    ReplyDelete