Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Full Disclosure: Entry #17 (Monday 3/28/2011)

Day #17....Monday, Monday, Monday....at least the rain/snow and cold weather turned into a lovely afternoon, including a wonderful lunch with my Dad.    

Food Log:

Breakfast: Kashi Trail Mix Bar. (140 calories, 5 fat, .5 sat. fat, 6 protein, 4 fiber )

Lunch: 12 inch Subway Turkey Sub w/o Cheese on a Whole Wheat Roll, Baked Lays.  (690 calories, 11 fat, 3 sat. fat, 40 protein, 12 fiber)

Dinner: 2 cups of Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice, 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla, 28 Baked Tostitos, 6 tbsp. Salsa, 1/8 cup of Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Romaine, Organic Cherry Tomatoes. (892 calories, 10.5 fat, 2.75 sat. fat, 33.5 protein, 23 fiber)

Snacks: 1 cup Breyers Fat Free Ice Cream, Cake Cone (215 calories, 0 fat, 0 sat. fat, 9 protein, 9 fiber)

Total Nutritional Data: 1937 calories, 26.5 fat, 6.25 sat. fat, 88.5 protein, 48 fiber

Water: 72 oz.

Exercise: N/A

Wrap Up:  It was such a nice opportunity to see and have lunch with my Dad.  He is a great reminder of how important it is to keep up with my efforts to get healthy.  About 14 years ago, my Dad had quintuple bypass heart surgery.  He made a full recovery and has made the most of his second lease on life.  He is in great shape today and enjoying life.  He plays golf three times a week and is very active in his church and community.  My Dad will turn 70 years old next year and I am so happy that we have had the opportunities to enhance our relationship over the past 14 years.  I asked him recently if he would be willing to give me a picture of his surgery scar as a reminder why it is so important for me to stay my course and succeed.  He agreed and I know that he supports me in my decisions and that he is proud of the man I am.  I want to make him even prouder when I accomplish my goal and reach my ideal level of health and wellness.  Thanks Dad for the visit and the important reminder...I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment