Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Full Disclosure: Entry #5 (Wednesday 3/16/2011)

Day #5...a nice day at work and a great win by the tennis team.  I am beginning to notice that I feel better during the day and have less and less of the rundown, sluggish feeling that I was experiencing on days when I was not watching the amounts of food I was eating.  I am also noticing that the snacks during the day are really helping ti curb my cravings and I am appreciating the approach to eating much more these days...a healthy alternative to my recent past!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Total Raisin Bran, 8 oz. of Skim Milk. (169 calories, 1 fat, 0 sat. fat, 11 protein, 5 fiber)

Lunch: Kahiki brand General Tso's Chicken, Apple. (395 calories, 4.5 fat, .5 sat. fat, 8 protein, 5 fiber)

Dinner: 2 Eggs, 3 pancakes, 4 slices of Butterball Turkey Bacon, 1/4 cup Log Cabin All Natural Maple Syrup, 16 oz of Orange Juice. (860 calories, 18 fat, 5 sat. fat, 33 protein, 2 fiber)

Snacks: Roast beef and Cheese sandwich, Full Circle Organic Natural Popcorn. (480 calories, 11.5 fat, 3 sat. fat, 34 protein, 17 fiber)

Total Nutritional Data: 1904 calories, 35 fat, 8.5 sat. fat, 86 protein, 29 fiber

Water: 82 oz.

Exercise: Once again I sacrificed going to the gym for other issues.  This continues to be the one hurdle I have yet to get over on a consistent basis. I know it is not because I do not want to workout, I just do not prioritize it the way I need to on a daily basis.

Wrap Up: One thing that my wife did tonight to make dinner a little more accessible for my eating plan was to make the pancakes we had with our Dinner/Breakfast in a more heart healthy way.  Using the HeartSmart Bisquick Pancake Mix, she used 1 1/3 cups of skim milk, 2 egg whites, and 2 cups of the mix.  This helped reduce a serving of the pancakes cholesterol from 40 mg to 0 mg.  It also reduced the overall calorie, fat and sat. fat count as well.  They were very delicious and it was nice to enjoy a comfort food without the guilt or concern...Thanks Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment