Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Full Disclosure: Entry #9 (Sunday 3/20/2011)

Day #9....Ahhhh, Sunday afternoon was filled with food, family and March Madness.  I decided to grill out for the second straight day to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the extra time I had around the house.  I must admit that I was inspired by the wonderful meal my family and I enjoyed with our friends on Friday night.  Just standing on the back deck, watching the kids play and using my charcoal grill/smoker made for a wonderful day!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Grits, 1 Slice of Turkey Bacon (225 calories, 2 fat, .5 sat. fat, 7 protein , 2 fiber )

Lunch: BBQ Chicken Wrap w/ Grilled Veggies, Raw Veggies, Turkey Bacon and Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil, Pretzels.  (682 calories, 13 fat, 2 sat. fat, 59 protein, 19 fiber)

Dinner: Honey Glazed/Cedar Plank Smoked Salmon w/ Lime, Buitoni Mixed Cheese Tortellini, Sauteed Green Beans, Whole Wheat Rolls.  (824 calories, 16.5 fat, 4.5 sat. fat, 72 protein, 5 fiber)

Snacks: PowerBar Harvest Grain Energy Bar (250 calories, 5 fat, 2.5 sat. fat, 10 protein, 5 fiber)

Total Nutritional Data: 1981 calories, 36.5 fat, 9.5 sat. fat, 148 protein, 31 fiber

Water: 128 oz.

Exercise: Treadmill (15 mins./1 mile @ 5 incline), Arc Trainer (30 mins./2.5 miles), Elliptical (50 mins./5 miles @ level 8)

Wrap Up:  Using the leftover chicken and veggies made for a nice and fulfilling lunch and helped keep the refrigerator from collecting unused containers of food.  The Smoked Salmon recipe came from the package of Cedar Planks I used and was very tasty.  I really enjoyed the workout and was proud of how much I did on the Arc Trainer...my first experience with the machine lasted about 8 mins. and was less than exciting.  Seeing not only improvements in my weight (still keeping the total loss a secret until the end of my 21 days), but also in my stamina at the gym continues to be an exciting motivator.  Getting close to the halfway point and I feel like I might be hitting my stride!

No comments:

Post a Comment