Saturday, March 19, 2011

Full Disclosure: Entry #6 (Thursday 3/17/2011)

Day #6...a good day with a strong and smart decision!

Food Log:

Breakfast: FiberOne Bar. (90 calories, 2.5 fat, 1 sat. fat, 1 protein, 5 fiber)

Lunch: SmartOnes Chicken Enchilada Suiza. (290 calories, 5 fat, 2 sat. fat, 11 protein, 3 fiber)

Dinner: 4 oz. Whole Wheat Linguini, 1 cup Classico Roasted Garlic and Carmelized Onions Spaghetti Sauce, 1/2 Multigrain Demi Baguette, Salad w/ Fat Free French Dressing. (890 calories, 10.5 fat, 1 sat. fat, 29.5 protein, 30 fiber)

Snacks: Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Rice Works Crisps (370 calories, 12.5 fat, 3 sat. fat, 20 protein, 9 fiber)

Total Nutritional Data: 1640 calories, 30.5 fat, 7 sat. fat, 61.5 protein, 47 fiber

Water: 114 oz.

Exercise: Tennis Practice

Wrap Up:  The best part about the day had nothing to do with how I exercised or what I ate.  My biggest accomplishment centered around what I did not eat.  Someone in my department brought a lovely selection of Doughnuts to work and as I walked into the office I was confronted with a difficult decision.  Just a week ago the same box of doughnuts were sitting in the office and I chose to enjoy 2 of the deliciously sweet morsels.  Fortunately, when I was confronted with the same choice today, I passed on the doughnuts completely.  Knowing that I was going to be posting my choices on the blog helped keep me focused on the importance of saying no and feeling good about myself, as opposed to saying yes and feeling happy for a short moment.  It was a nice feeling to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment