Saturday, March 26, 2011

Full Disclosure: Entry #14 (Friday 3/25/2011)

Day #14....Vacation Day...I am not sure what the occasion is, but I won't argue when I get a random vacation day and the opportunity to be home with the wife and kids!  Today was also a very successful exercise day and another chance to get on the back deck and grill in the wonderful weather!

Food Log:

Breakfast: Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burrito, 8 oz. Skim Milk. (393 calories, 11 fat, 4 sat. fat, 32.5 protein, 1 fiber )

Lunch: SmartOnes Spicy Thai Chicken and Rice Noodles.  (520 calories, 8 fat, 1 sat. fat, 30 protein, 4 fiber)

Dinner: 2-97% Fat Free Hebrew National Beef Franks, 2-2 oz. 93/7 Beef Sliders, 1/2 slice 2% American Cheese, 2 Whole Wheat Rolls, 2 Lite Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns, 4 tbs. Homemade Light Cole Slaw, 1/2 cup Fat Free Vegetarian Chili, Grilles Veggies (Mushrooms, Onions, Green Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes), 2 Grilled Red Potatoes, Fresh Tomatoes and Romaine Lettuce.  (1030 calories, 16.6 fat, 3.75 sat. fat, 68 protein, 27 fiber)

Snacks: 1/2 cup Breyers Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream, Cake Cone. (90 calories, 0 fat, 0 sat. fat, 3 protein, 3 fiber)

Total Nutritional Data: 2048 calories, 35.5 fat, 8.75 sat. fat, 133.5 protein, 35 fiber

Water: 120 oz.

Exercise: Treadmill (35 mins./2 miles @ 3 incline), Elliptical (50 mins./4 miles @ Level 10), Upper Body Weights Workout (arms, chest, back, shoulders)

Wrap Up:  Getting back to the gym was great.  I really enjoyed the variation of the workout I did.  I used the treadmill to get my heart rate going, hit the weights, pushing a little harder than last time and finished with a tougher level and longer Elliptical session.  According to the machine, I burned around 750 calories on the Elliptical alone.  Dinner was great!  Instead of making large burgers with whole slices of cheese and big buns, I made small 2 oz. sliders, used 1/4 of a slice of cheese per burger and served them on a small whole wheat roll.  It allowed me to have the taste of the burger that I wanted, while controlling the amount of fat and sat. fat I consumed.  Grilling the veggies and potatoes gave them great flavor and added a little something extra to the meal.  When I eat burgers and hot dogs, I have to eat chili and slaw....call it a Carolina thing if you will.  In order to allow me to enjoy my North Cakalaki fix, I chose Fat Free Vegetarian Chili and I made my own slaw.  For the slaw I used pre-shredded cabbage and carrots and added 1/2 cup Lite Kraft Mayo w/ Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Cider Vinegar and a little Sugar.  I also limited myself to 1 Tbsp. of the slaw per burger and hot dog.  I am learning that the important part of managing my meals is to have at least a taste of the things I enjoy without going overboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment