Sunday, March 13, 2011

Full Disclosure: Entry #1 (Saturday 3/12/2011)

Well, here is the first of the "21 Days" of Full Disclosure...it was a great day.  I got the opportunity to take my oldest little girl to a Princess Luncheon for a friends' birthday party and had a good eating day to boot!  The first thing I thought about this morning as I was making a decision on what to have for breakfast was...this is going on the blog, so make it count!  I think this will cause me to at least pause and consider the food choices I make.  Each time I began to eat, I took a moment to think about my goals and then was able to make a smart decision as to what I ate and how it was prepared.  I also was reminded as I worked to create these "smart meals" that I can really get a lot of good food while sticking to my desired plans...a great start to what will hopefully be a great 3 weeks!

Food Log:

Breakfast: 2 Egg Whites, 1 slice of lean Turkey Bacon, 1 tsp of horseradish mustard and 1 slice of Whole  Wheat toast.  (158 calories, 1.5 fat, 0 sat. fat, 15 protein, 3 fiber)

Lunch: Homemade Chicken Salad (grilled chix, light mayo, apple, carrot, green pepper) on Romaine Leaves, Ciabatta, Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie. (573 calories, 16 fat, 2.5 sat. fat, 44 protein, 8 fiber)

Dinner: Veggie Burger, Broccoli, grilled onions and mushrooms, red beans and rice. (494 calories, 7 fat, 1 sat. fat, 30 protein, 20.5 fiber)

Snack: Pretzels. (345 calories, 3 fat, 0 sat. fat, 9 protein, 3 fiber)

Total Nutritional Data: 1570 calories, 27.5 fat, 3.5 sat. fat, 98 protein, 34.5 fiber

Water: 112 oz.

Exercise: N/A (After taking my daughter to her party, I hung around the house with the family...it was a nice relaxing day together, but I know I still need to take the time to get this exercise in each day.)

Wrap Up: In looking over the day I was pleased with the lower fat and sat. fat consumption of my day and was glad to see that I was able to hit my protein and fiber minimums, as well as, limiting myself to water and not sodas or other sugary drinks.  I was also pleased with the amount of vegetables I included in my day.  I would like to add a little more fruit, so that will be a priority moving forward.  The hardest part of the day was finding the extra calories I needed to try and hit 2000.  It is crazy how easy you can go beyond a healthy caloric intake when you are shoveling down burgers and candy, yet when you start eating the healthy stuff, you really have to find ways to get the calories.  I will try and put some more whole grains in this week and see if that can bring the caloric intake up in a healthy way. 

1 day down, 20 to go....here's to another good day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'm watching you...just kidding and letting you know that you are writing this for a reason and that your doing so is helping others stay focused and accountable too. I and two others whom I love are really trying to change our eating and exercising troubles, and you're helping to inspire me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit smoothies are a great way to add sweets and calories without guilt.

    ReplyDelete